Often, when a gifted person becomes famous and has a child, society waits to see what talents the child develops and if they mirror their parent in any way. iNTeLL, the first-born son of U-God from the legendary rap group, Wu-Tang Clan, definitely doesn’t disappoint. It’s arguable that his pen and cadence may even outshine his father’s (which is all we really want as parents anyway), but iNTeLL never misses a beat to homage to his pops (and uncles). 2nd Generation Wu is led by iNTeLL with other Wu spawn, PXWER (son of Method Man), and features SUN GOD (son of Ghostface Killah) and Young Dirty Bastard (son of Old Dirty Bastard). Taji Mag went to Staten Island to chat with iNTeLL about his motivations and future.
Taji Mag: How did you discover you have bars?
iNTeLL: When I was 13-years-old, my best friend told me after hearing my poetry.
Taji Mag: You are multi-disciplined, list off some of your talents outside of rapping and acting.
iNTeLL: Painting, photography, melting wax on canvas, organizing, curating, executive producing.
Taji Mag: How was 2GWU conceived?
iNTeLL: It was conceived once I was conceived. However, it started in 2019 after my production company, Intellectual Entertainment, did a joint venture with the independent label, Dock Street Records. I then had the space and funds to cultivate the idea into a reality.
Taji Mag: What are some of your accomplishments that you’re most proud of? (Brag a bit lol)
- I’ve Collaborated with Method Man, Inspectah Deck & Masta Killa from the Wu-Tang Clan. I’ve Collaborated with Snoop Dogg, current president of Def Jam Records. I’ve Collaborated with 88-Keys, whose work on DONDA is Grammy nominated.
- Established my own Production Company
- Established my own independent music label
- Landed Placement on Peter Rosenberg’s, of hot97, debut album
- One of My Hip Hop Idols and Lyrical Mentor from afar, Lupe Fiasco, referred to me as “Royalty”
- I got to do a song with Del The Funkee Homosapien, another one of my Lyrical Mentors from afar
- Have had Several Songs played on the Radio, FM & Sirius Satellite
- Received Over 1million Streams on a song
- Created 2nd Generation Wu which will be remembered forever Alongside WU-TANG CLAN because WU-TANG is Forever For The Children.
Taji Mag: Verzuz is allowing us to see our Hip Hop favs put on full shows in their 50s, how are you preparing for longevity in your health and wellness?
iNTeLL: Method Man started Tical Athletics, I’m bout to go to the gym with him and only drink seamoss.
Taji Mag: As the sun of U-God, do you feel pressure to carry on the Wu legacy? Why or why not?
iNTeLL: I did in my teens, but got over that early because their shoes not even the same size for me to be trying to fill them. I decided to use their soul to build my own shoes and walk my own path. A Legacy Branched out from a Legacy. Hip Hop is a Tree, not a totem.
Taji Mag: What gems have you received about/applied to the game from any OG WuTang member?
iNTeLL: Take your time.
Let them hear you.
Taji Mag: What have you discovered from your journey that you would pass on to a potential 3rd Gen Wu member?
iNTeLL: With Art, There are no rules.
Stay connected with iNTeLL at @gftd.iNTeLL! Check out his music below and tell us what you think in the comments!
Website: Lets Make Music | Together