Dr. Sebi’s approach to disease is disease:
“finds it genesis when and where the mucous membrane has been compromised. For example, if there is excess mucous in the bronchial tubes, the disease is Bronchitis; if it is in the lungs, the disease is Pneumonia; in the pancreatic duct, it is Diabetes; in the joints Arthritis.”
Dr. Sebi’s Approach To Eating
Drinking plenty of spring water a day is essential to making this alkaline diet work. Dr. Sebi suggests drinking a gallon of spring water a day, and health organizations suggest around the same amount.
The adult body consists of 70% water. All of the body’s metabolic functions need adequate amounts of water to function properly. Water removes waste from the body, cushions the joints and organs, and assists in the absorption of nutrients.
Many of herbs Dr. Sebi uses are diuretics and increase urination to remove toxins from the body. You must replace the water to support the healthy functioning of the body.
Spring water is a natural alkaline water and it best supports the hydration and natural ratio of electrolytes in the body.
Dr. Sebi’s nutritional guide doesn’t recommend microwaving because it damages the nutrients in food
I rather heat my food on the stove or in the oven, but I eat most of my food raw because raw food contains more nutrients than heated food whether microwaved or heated on the stove.
Dr. Sebi doesn’t recommend eating any foods not on the Dr. Sebi food list.
As I stated earlier, the Dr Sebi food list is very specific and excludes many whole-food plant-based foods.
Dr. Sebi recommends avoiding hybrid foods (plants and their fruits made by unnaturally cross-pollinating two or more plants) because they change the genetic structure, electrical composition, and pH balance to its detriment.
One such food is garlic, a plant food we are accustomed to eating but is not the best food to consume.
Dr. Sebi Food List
- Amaranth greens – same as Callaloo
- Bell Peppers
- Chayote (Mexican Squash)
- Dandelion greens
- Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- Green Banana –
- Izote – cactus flower/ cactus leaf- grows naturally in California
- Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
- Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
- Nopales – Mexican Cactus
- Okra (removed)
- Olives (and olive oil)
- Purslane (Verdolaga)
- Poke salad -greens
- Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
- Tomato – cherry and plum only
- Turnip greens
(No canned fruits or Seedless fruits)
- Bananas – the smallest one or the Burro/mid-size (original banana)
- Berries – all varieties- Elderberries in any form – no cranberries
- Grapes -seeded
- Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
- Melons -seeded
- Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find )
- Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit)
- Raisins -seeded
- Soft Jelly Coconuts (and coconut oil)
- Soursops – (Latin or West Indian markets)
Nuts & Seeds
(Includes nut & seed butters)
- Brazil Nuts
- Hemp Seed
- Pine Nuts
- Raw Sesame Seeds
- Raw Sesame “Tahini” Butter
(New Section added by Dr. Sebi) Minimize the use of oils.
- Olive Oil (Do not cook)
- Coconut Oil (Do not cook)
- Grapeseed Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Hempseed Oil
- Avocado Oil
Spices – Seasonings
- Bay leaf
- Cayenne – African Bird Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori – has “sea taste”)
- Pure Sea Salt
- Sweet Basil
- Sweet Basil
- 100% Pure Agave Syrup – (from cactus)
- Date “Sugar – (from dried dates)
- Wild Rice
Nutritional Guide | All Natural Herbal Teas
- Lemon grass
- Red Raspberry
- Sea Moss Tea
Dr. Sebi Organ Cleansing Herbs
- Burdock Root – blood and liver cleanser, diuretic,
- Bladderwrack (seaweed) – vitamin and mineral supplement, diuretic
- Dandelion– blood and liver cleanser, diuretic
- Elderberry (Sambucus Nigra) – combats mucus buildup, colds, HIV
- Sea Moss – Irish Moss (seaweed) – vitamin and mineral supplement
- Sarsaparilla – blood purifier, diuretic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory
The herbs listed above are only a few of the herbs Dr. Sebi uses in his products. I used them and a few more during my transition to an alkaline and mucus reducing diet, and now use for periodic maintenance.
Dr. Sebi’s office offers individual products to address specific conditions and therapeutic packages to address complex health issues. You should contact Dr. Sebi’s office (California: 310-838-2490) if you are not familiar with herbs and buying quality herbs.
Purchase Dr. Sebi’s products here.
Check here for a list of Dr. Sebi’s products and a description of the herbs they contain.
Check here for a list of Dr. Sebi’s therapeutic packages and a description of the herbs they contain.
The Dr. Sebi food list and nutritional guide is a roadmap to healing and reversing disease.