Thank you for your interest in contributing to Taji Mag! Taji Mag is the epitome of ‘Cultural Drip’ – elevating Black brands, narratives, and imagery to new levels of Black Excellence. We embody the traditional and modern royalty of OUR people via our quarterly digital and print publication, adornments, and virtual and live events. While amplifying OUR narratives and imagery, Taji offers our readers quality advice to assist them economically, healthy plant-based recipes and fitness inspiration to maintain a happy lifestyle, think pieces to test the societal norms that are not meant for us, #BlackLoveConvo to increase the self and communal love in all aspects, and beauty and fashion inspiration to sustain the legacy of our Black artistry.
All content must fit these criteria. All contributions must highlight a positive entity of Black culture. We are spoon-fed enough of what’s wrong, Taji focuses on what’s right! <3
Taji Mag reserves the right to accept or deny any submissions. Taji does not provide free print copies to contributors since we are currently a print-by-purchase publication. We also do not pay for submissions, any and all photoshoot expenses for submission to our publication must be covered by the team executing the concept.
We accept submissions for both our publication (available in print and digital) as well as our online magazine. Please specify to which you’re submitting; if you do not, we will assume it’s for online content. For guaranteed paid submissions or advertising, please send an email to email@example.com with “Advertising” as the subject and visit www.TajiMag.com/advertise to submit payment.
Contribute Written Content
Taji adores entrepreneurs, go-getters, guest writers, and bloggers for our print magazine, online magazine, and social media content.
- When submitting a business, brand, artist, etc., please include a press release or biography, print-resolution photos, a weblink, and social media handles.
- If submitting to be a contributor, please create an account on our website then email samples of your writing (as a link, an attached document, or via your website/blog), social media handles, and a headshot/brand photo. Your number of followers is not important to us.
Please send all written contributions, 300-550 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Written Submission – [Title of Your Story]” as the subject, and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
Contribute Photography Content
- Vol 35’s theme is Time Travel: Deadline April 25, 2023. Cover Submissions Available. Imagery should reflect different time periods of Black Culture. Powerful Imagery only (no enslavement narratives).
- Vol 36’s theme is Joy: Deadline July 25, 2023. Cover Submissions Available. Imagery should reflect happiness and bliss.
- Vol 37’s theme is BlackOut: Deadline Oct 25, 2023. Cover Submissions Available. Imagery should reflect a regal celebration. The wardrobe must be Black (can accent it with gold or silver).
Taji is the epitome of Black beauty and culture. We love beautiful, high-quality, polished images. We are big on creativity but also pride ourselves on our Black Excellence. No bleached skin or contoured noses. African and Indigenous features are phenomenal in all-natural shades and sizes. When submitting, please include the following information:
*Title [if you have one]
*Photographer’s Name [All photography submissions must be submitted with the photographer’s approval]
*List the creative team and their IG handles. All team members must be Black (African, Indigenous, African-American, Caribbean, Afro-Latino, and all other encompassing classifications). Model, Make-up, Hair, Wardrobe, Stylist, Assistant, Retoucher, etc. per photo as these credits must be included in the magazine. The photographer is responsible for having photo waivers and permission to utilize images as they please.]
Example of how how to list credits with names and Instagram handles:
Photography | Super Dope Human – @superdopehuman
Royal | Best Model Ever – @bestmodel7
Makeup | Face Lace – @facelacemua
Location | Beautiful Place, Universe
*Brief 1-3 line description of the shoot concept
*Print resolution photos sent via a dropbox, google drive, or wetransfer.com link
*Each image within a submission should be its own image. Please do not submit 2-page spreads.
*Important: Cover submissions should include a minimum of 4 powerful images.
Please send all photography contributions to email@example.com with “Photography Submission” as the subject and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
When to Contribute aka Deadlines:
Taji is a quarterly publication released on the 7th of every 3rd month – Mar 7th, June 7th, Sept 7th, Dec 7th.
- All deadlines are 7 weeks(ish) before the issue release date on the 15th of that month (Jan 15th, April 15th, July 15th, Oct 15th) and all accepted pieces are due by the 25th.
- If a submission is accepted and the final pieces are not received before the deadline, that submission may not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
- Only accepted submissions will definitely receive a response email. Submissions not selected may or may not be replied to. Accepted submissions will be replied to within 2 weeks. Please do not be offended if your submission does not receive a response, it’s very time consuming to reply to every email. If your submission is not accepted into an issue, feel free to try to submit a different concept for the next volume!
How to Purchase
Taji issues are available for purchase as soon as they are released and the link will be posted on our website and Instagram page.
17 thoughts on “Contribute to Taji Mag”
i love the determined focus of the magazine to celebrate black beauty
Thank you, Brad 🙂
Thank you ! For being a beautiful contribution to black culture and giving an opposition to what the media would have us be . I am an artist and come from a beautifully talented Congolese family , I would love to contribute to your magazine as much as possible the website is a link to my work but I also left my email so we can discuss what you would like as far as family images 🙂
Peace and love
Thank you, Ntangou! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
From one nlack owned business to another I just want to congratulate
Thank you for your work here and what you are putting in front of the people!
We appreciate your kind words!
Well this photograph stands out to me as it was an effortless shoot with my partner. My partner and I opened a business increasing the awareness of contemporary African designs at an affordable price and this photograph was a celebration of our clutch bag collection taken at the back of of art gallery location.
Is there a way to submut artwork? Such as illustration or paintings, etc. If not, that’s fine, thank you
Making it my goal to be published in Taji Mag this year!
Looking forward to your submission!
Hi, I have a few questions:
1. Can I submit poetry? (there are a few expletive words)
2. Can I submit a painting along with its story narrative?
Yes to it all.
I would like to send an editorial submission for Vol 26’s theme is “Diasporic Appreciation”: Deadline Jan 15, 2021.
Wonderful! Follow the guidelines on this page then submit your content via email.