Thank you for your interest in contributing to Taji Mag! Taji Mag is the epitome of ‘Cultural Drip’ – elevating Black brands, narratives, and imagery to new levels of Black Excellence. We embody the traditional and modern royalty of OUR people via our quarterly digital and print publication, adornments, and virtual and live events. While amplifying OUR narratives and imagery, Taji offers our readers quality advice to assist them economically, healthy plant-based recipes and fitness inspiration to maintain a happy lifestyle, think pieces to test the societal norms that are not meant for us, #BlackLoveConvo to increase the self and communal love in all aspects, and beauty and fashion inspiration to sustain the legacy of our Black artistry.
All content must fit these criteria. All contributions must highlight a positive entity of Black culture. We are spoon-fed enough of what’s wrong, Taji focuses on what’s right! <3
Taji Mag reserves the right to accept or deny any submissions. Taji does not provide free print copies to contributors since we are currently a print-by-purchase publication. We also do not pay for submissions, any and all photoshoot expenses for submission to our publication must be covered by the team executing the concept.
We accept submissions for both our publication (available in print and digital) as well as our online magazine. Please specify to which you’re submitting; if you do not, we will assume it’s for online content. For guaranteed paid submissions or advertising, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Advertising” as the subject and visit www.TajiMag.com/advertise to submit payment.
Contribute Written Content
Taji adores entrepreneurs, go-getters, guest writers, and bloggers for our print magazine, online magazine, and social media content.
- When submitting a business, brand, artist, etc., please include a press release or biography, print resolution photos, a weblink, and social media handles.
- If submitting to be a contributor, please create an account on our website then email samples of your writing (as a link, an attached document, or via your website/blog), social media handles, and a headshot/brand photo. Your number of followers is not important to us.
Please send all written contributions, 300-550 words, to email@example.com with “Written Submission – [Title of Your Story]” as the subject, and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
Contribute Photography Content
- Vol 33’s theme is Renewal: Deadline October 25, 2022. Cover Submission Available. Imagery should feel refreshing, bright, and powerful.
- Vol 34’s theme is Our Men: Deadline January 25, 2023. Cover Submissions Available. All Imagery should represent and uplift Black men.
- Vol 35’s theme is Time Travel: Deadline April 25, 2023. Cover Submissions Available. Imagery should reflect different time periods of Black Culture.
Taji is the epitome of Black beauty and culture. We love beautiful, high-quality, polished images. We are big on creativity but also pride ourselves on our Black Excellence. No bleached skin or contoured noses. African and Indigenous features are phenomenal in all-natural shades and sizes. When submitting, please include the following information:
*Title [if you have one]
*Photographer’s Name [All photography submissions must be submitted with the photographer’s approval]
*List the creative team and their IG handles. All team members must be Black (African, Indigenous, African-American, Caribbean, Afro-Latino, and all other encompassing classifications). Model, Make-up, Hair, Wardrobe, Stylist, Assistant, Retoucher, etc. per photo as these credits must be included in the magazine. The photographer is responsible for having photo waivers and permission to utilize images as they please.]
Example of how how to list credits with names and Instagram handles:
Photography | Super Dope Human – @superdopehuman
Royal | Best Model Ever – @bestmodel7
Makeup | Face Lace – @facelacemua
Location | Beautiful Place, Universe
*Brief 1-3 line description of the shoot concept
*Print resolution photos sent via a dropbox, google drive, or wetransfer.com link
*Each image within a submission should be its own image. Please do not submit 2-page spreads.
*Important: Cover submissions should include a minimum of 4 powerful images.
Please send all photography contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photography Submission” as the subject and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
When to Contribute aka Deadlines:
Taji is a quarterly publication released on the 7th of every 3rd month – Mar 7th, June 7th, Sept 7th, Dec 7th.
- All deadlines are 7 weeks(ish) before the issue release date on the 15th of that month (Jan 15th, April 15th, July 15th, Oct 15th) and all accepted pieces are due by the 25th.
- If a submission is accepted and the final pieces are not received before the deadline, that submission may not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
- Only accepted submissions will definitely receive a response email. Submissions not selected may or may not be replied to. Accepted submissions will be replied to within 2 weeks. Please do not be offended if your submission does not receive a response, it’s very time consuming to reply to every email. If your submission is not accepted into an issue, feel free to try to submit a different concept for the next volume!