The new digital series, Made From Scratch, gives viewers a taste of what music’s hottest artists are like when they step outside of the studio and into the kitchen. In the premiere episode, rapper Young M.A invites us into her home as she and her grandmother, G Mac, cook up the family favorites M.A misses when she’s on the road. With spice as the main ingredient, the two open up about Young M.A’s life before becoming a platinum-selling rapper, her introduction to music (queue 50 Cent’s Get Rich or Die Trying), M.A’s commitment to controlling her own identity and more. Young M.A also opens up about her recent weight loss and what prompted her to cut out the junk food on the road.
The energy in the Capital One building in Washington, D.C. was filled with excitement as the Mystics fans prepared to cheer on their team to continue into the WNBA Playoffs. Little kids around the arena danced and laughed while hip hop tunes filled the air. Many of the adults were dancing like they were at a neighborhood block party. This painted scene of positivity and fun continued despite the outcome of the game.
The Mystics were down 2 games to 0 in a 5 game series. They needed a win and with the all-star caliber play of Elena Delle Donne (team-leading scorer and 2016 WNBA MVP) and Kristi Toliver, it would be possible. Even with the firepower of the Minnesota Lynx consisting of Maya Moore, Seimone Augustus, and 2017 WNBA MVP Sylvia Fowles, they stood a chance.
The first half started off with Maya Moore and the Lynx catching rhythm shooting 46.2% from the field and an incredible 57.1% from 3-pt range. Both Fowles (Lynx) and Delle Donne (Mystics) had 7 points at the half. With the Lynx’s great defensive play, they held the Mystics to 35.7% from the field and 33.3% from 3-pt range. Don’t be fooled by the numbers though, the Mystics were up by 1 point at the half, leading 39-38. They needed to be more consistent on their offense if they wanted to not allow the Lynx to pull ahead.
During Half Time, the Mystics fans were still motivated and encouraged that their team would win. I talked with these beautiful ladies about how fun it was to attend the game and how they loved supporting the Mystics.
At the player’s entrance, little girls waited to greet the players into the second half. They were filled with joy as they hi-fived each player as they came out.
The 3rd quarter started out with Seimone Augustus hitting the first two shots for the Lynx, which would begin her great performance for the second half. The Mystics stayed within reach with others players, like Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, stepping up for them offensively. The Mystics managed to keep the lead three times and even kept the game close, but with Augustus and Fowles catching fire adding to the All-Star performance of Maya Moore, the Mystics would succumb to defeat 81-70.
Although the season ended for the Mystics, they still kept their heads high. They had played against a team that was offensively superior only due to the injuries that had plagued them this season. Yet in all, they still played hard and with much passion. The Mystics look forward to preparing for the offseason training, relaxing, and some are even heading overseas to play.
Elena Delle Donne looks forward to not just working out, but exploring Washington, D.C. With her first year on the team, she primarily stays in the routine of preparing for the season and just hanging out at home. Ivory Latta has a busy summer ahead of her. She stated, “I’m getting my body together, doing some book tours, doing some camps, and helping my mom take care of my father.” Latta has been acknowledged for doing community work and assisting foundations. Both her parents have Parkinson’s which is why she serves as an ambassador for the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation. WNBA athletes like Latta show how great and inspirational they are by motivating children to be the best versions of themselves and to give back. Their sportsmanship and fundamentals are something all that youth should witness, not only to become better athletes, but better people in the future.
WNBA MVP Sylvia Fowles of the Minnesota Lynx is looking forward to the WNBA finals, stating “Looking forward to a lot of physicality.”
Watch Fowles and the Minnesota Lynx as they take on Candace Parker the Los Angeles Sparks for the WNBA championship Sunday 3:30pm on ESPN.
Photos by: DapperDrFeel
There is nothing like sharing love with someone, but sharing the love of something you have in common is something even more special. That is the case with bodybuilder power couple Jeanitra Moore and Kevin Johnson. Their love for fitness has been heavily inspired by bodybuilding champion Kai Greene. Based out of Louisville, KY the couple has been competing for many years and has won several competitions, including Jeanitra being the 1st novice class A champion at the Kentucky state championship.
Kevin and Jeanitra both offer free health advice online because they love what they do and they want others to be healthy as well. They understand that many people need motivation and or cannot afford to get what they need to increase their health. They also have a family together that embodies love of life, love of fitness, and working together.
They train everyday as each other’s support and partner while taking on a growing number of clients that range from beginners to those that are amateur bodybuilding competitors. They train clients in person but also provide online training for those that live outside of the state or who are on the go out of the area. It’s nice to have some support when you’re on a business trip surrounded by unhealthy foods.
When asked about approaching fitness in life, Kevin explained his view stating, “In your 20’s you don’t care about drinking, partying, food,etc. because you are young. Then when you are in your 30’s you start looking at your health and your physical shape. When you look at some of the physical jobs out there, they require you be in shape to perform the jobs and if you can’t perform the job, you can’t work for them. You have to put things into perspective, how you want to look, and ultimately how do you want to feel for the rest of your life.” Jeanitra’s advice to all people is to just “Go for it! Love yourself. Be dedicated. Don’t worry about the results too soon and just go for it!”
They are well known on instagram with a combined following of over 35,000, including celebrities. Jeanitra was even acknowledged by Megan Fox on instagram and has been featured on other fitness websites. Kevin has been known for his work ethic and his powerful inspiration to others. In 2012 he had an well directed biographic documentary (directed by Antonio Pantojia) that would make Spike Lee shed a tear.
When questioned if they knew of any fitness couple out that they knew of, they both agreed that they had a unique system. “[Not] here in Louisville, KY. Not trying to sound cocky, there are not a lot of couples doing what we are doing. Not a lot of paired trainers in regards to nutrition, planning, exercise, etc.”
Kevin also added “There are a lot of people that struggle working together because of their ego and they have their own system that they are not willing to change. We have a system that works well for the both of us. Plus, we do this not for the money but the positive effects we have on people’s lives.”
The fitness star duo also raise three children together, ages 3, 7, 14, who they try to include in their healthy living, although Kevin mentioned “they eat the healthy stuff, but they also eat some of the unhealthy stuff like pizza rolls, but they are kids. They will learn and hopefully join us in healthy living one day.” Jeanitra stated that the kids sometimes keep her in check. “My 14 old will tell me sometimes that I need to not eat certain things or let me know it may not be a good idea to eat too much of something.”
When asked about their favorite bodybuilders, they both agreed that Kai Greene was their favorite. Jenitra mentioning that he reminds her of Kevin. I guess that’s one reason to like a bodybuilder, usually it’s the other way around. But they explained how humble and dedicated to fitness he is. Kai Greene was at one point homeless, a orphan, and a troubled youth, then made a turn around with the guidance of one of his teachers. He is now a world renowned star and multiple bodybuilder award winner. His popularity has his fans lining up at airports to greet him worldwide. Kevin and Jeanitra both explained how much of a great guy he is because you never really hear anything bad about him from anyone.
To show how much dedication they have for their clients when asked if they would take a celebrity client that was preparing for a movie over their current regular clients Jenitra said, “ I treat every client with respect. I would like to know their schedule because I also have a realtor business that my clients currently work around. Ultimately I wouldn’t bump my regular clients for a celebrity.”
Kevin stated “Let’s say that a celebrity did call about training for a movie in NY. I would have to be compensated for all the times I would take away from my clients. Then I need money to hire someone to train those clients, living expenses if I travel, etc. Once I break down all that’s needed to hire me, they probably wouldn’t want to… Now if it’s an opportunity to further my career, like it would be nationally televised, I would make arrangements, but I would make sure that my clients are taken care of.”
These two have used Kai’s passion for fitness to inspire them to be the healthiest that they can be and teach others how to do the same. Many can use their story of love and partnership to venture into a healthier lifestyle. Although you don’t need to be an award winning champion in body building like Kai Greene, you can be a champion of your health.
Kevin is next competing in the Amature Olympia and Jenitra will compete in the Kentucky Muscle.
Be sure to check out Kevin and Jenitra at www.1manstalent.com!
What is a great way to grab the attention of a NFL star on the red carpet at the ESPYs? Just take time to compliment them. That is what happened when Taji Mag stopped Richard Sherman to ask him about his locs. When asked how he keeps his locs well conditioned against the strenuous conditions of football he simply relies on lifestyle as mentioned in the video below.
Sherman showed much humility engaging with many around him and sporting an equality pin on his fashionable jacket for the ESPYs, expressing that he believes in allowing people to be themselves and not conform to what society thinks. He has spoken out against the NFL about taking away the individuality and the freedom of players, ultimately affecting the play of the players and the ratings of the NFL.
Richard Sherman is always a class act and a true display of being a positive Black man. Not only is he a pro bowl cornerback for the Seattle Seahawks, but he is also a graduate from Stanford. His education and charismatic personality have helped him dispel any negativity placed on his character from the media. Most notably is the situation with Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady, where he was called a “thug” after passionately asking Tom Brady “Are You Mad Bro?”. He let the media know how offended he was being labeled a thug and eloquently explained how it is comparable to the N-word.
There are other times that Sherman has been vilified but he finds ways to defy them and he also shows compassion with his acts of kindness. During a #BlackLoveConvo twitter chat, we discussed how he recently paid the tuition of a Virginia high school student. He met her at a charity dinner in Richmond, VA and made an agreement with her that if she was able to bring up her grades her senior, he would pay her tuition.
Hopefully Richard Sherman will continue to inspire and contribute to society, allowing for the Black community to have yet another positive role model.
Local Washington, DC designers Kia Renee and Nekol Choo are thrilled to announce the premier of their Glamourina Kente Athleisure line. Glamourina is an online athleisure apparel store. Co-founders Kia and Nekol are working mothers who have always had a passion for fashion and desire to encourage women and uplift women. “Our mission is to provide affordable, comfortable, and quality athleisure apparel to average, and above average working women and girls in efforts to promote self-esteem through beauty, health and fitness.”
Why Kente? Kente is a traditional tribal fabric originating from Africa. Africa is a strong and powerful continent. They are here to motivate and encourage women to be strong, powerful and confident. “We are especially excited about our Kente line of athleisure apparel,” said Kia and Nekol. “Our followers are in for a treat this year. When we premier the new line in April, everyone will finally get a glimpse of a very special design we’ve been working on for the past two years.”
Glamourina’s Kente Athleisure line will be available for purchase online exclusively at www.Glamourina.com before expanding to other retailers. Follow them on all social networks @shopglamourina!
Lindi Roaming the Streets on Africa Day
“RANTA E WELE”
by Thabiso Thabethe
The mural painted at a public park in Winterveld PTA, South Africa, titled‘ RANTA E WELE’ (meaning the rand has dropped)’ is his first politically inclined artwork and first non commissioned public artwork. The piece is not a lash at the current ruling party, the president for the political instability. “I was simply attempting to reflect the concerns of the people in our poverty stricken township. After the SA president reshuffled the cabinet we have witnessed a decline in the value of the South African rand and this follows criticism from all political parties, accompanied by a few marches and demonstrations from the general public.”
“The monochrome painting with a blood red for the injured and dying impala on the Rand, signifying the current state of affairs locally and nationally was a subtle yet effective way for me to be a mouthpiece for the people. I have used a spear to symbolize that the hurt to the Rand/ the country is done by one of the natives. The whole coin is still steel/silver material but the blood is ‘realistic’, because the value of the Rand is an idea which is generally accepted as a substance possessing value to pay for goods and services within the country… but its declining value has a very realistic backlash that the poor are not able to ignore. Taxi prices in Pretoria South Africa have gone up and that affects food prices and local businesses, so Winterveld people are facing difficulties to get by, hence the impala/springbok on the Rand (the prey representing ‘the people’) is turning its face backwards to express anguish and hopefully escape from the predator’s fatal spear throw.”
KausKulture is a Designer Brand that is primarily focused, but not limited to custom sock designs. KausKulture is inspired by the collective aspirations of the youth of South Africa through the expression of art in textile. It was formally established by two young black entrepreneurs Kabelo Moabelo and Marcus Prime Chabane, who wish to add value to the livelihood of our communities.
KausKulture aims to influence the fashion industry with its originality, spontaneity and class. The design element go against uniformity but still maintaining sophistication. “We have an unparalleled appreciation for attention to detail and cater for diverse and broad market.” The company was established in 2015, when the spark to establish KausKulture as a movement started as a conversation and continues to grow as an instrument of change and artistic inspiration impact to our generation.
Kgomotso Neto Tleane
The vulva… Is this actually the name of a human body part, or a European car???
Many people, both women and men, are clueless to what a vulva actually is and how nature has especially packaged a woman’s sexual organ/region in its entirety. For the sake of the evolution of humanity, I, Zahabu King, your Womb Sistar, will loving lift the darkened cloak that veils the light of our Goddess goodies! To get started, and for technical reasons the following list ensues…
The vulva consists of:
Before I give definition to these medical/traditional friendly terms used for our lovely lady parts below, allow me to indulge you with some enchanting poetic allegory (also found in the “What’s in a name” chapter in my first book: EROTICA for Dummies!) once commonly known in the East to gracefully glorify and describe the vulva/vagina.
Descriptive words like:
valley of joy
jungle of love
And just for the fun of it, and startling contrast of it, I’ll throw in the commonly sexy, yet often times derogatory Western terms, used to describe the female genitalia.
Descriptive words like: pussy, cunt, coochie, punany, pumpum, venus fly trap, poontang, fuck hole, snatch, and hair pie, etc… you get the point… LOL!
Now that we’ve got that out of the way… giggles 🙂 Let’s get back to the vulva at hand… Oops… I mean… matter at hand!
Get open minded and ready yourself to absorb this knowledge and eclectic defining of our vulvas. Now, words can only explain but so much, so here’s where I have to insist that you take a deep breath, and in the comforting privacy of your own home, grab a hand held mirror, lay on your back propping your pretty lil’ head atop your soft, plush pillows and spread those lovely legs of yours eagle style… meaning, spread em’ wide! It’s time to free yourself from fear and shame and take a good long look at what you’ve been blessed with. C’mon & shine that over-due light of reverence on your sexual anatomy with self-love, respect, and admiration!
There you will find:
1) Outer labia – Two sensitive (even sexually sensitive) folds of skin and fatty tissue that are bare for adolescent girls, and once puberty is reached, covered with pubic hair for young to older women. These are sometimes referred to as “love shields”, protect and conceal the rest of the vulva that resides inside of the outer labia. It is common for the outer labia to be described as “lips”. It is also normal that these “lips” vary in size. From large or small, short or long, thick or thin, they differ as well in variations based on the amount of melanin a woman has. Women with melanin tend to have labia that range in many unique shades of brown or black. The outer labia are often sexually sensitive, and will swell during times of arousal via oral sex as well as sexual intercourse, yet some women are not turned on from their outer labia. Remember, this is all humanly normal, and is a part of what makes each woman gloriously unique.
2) Inner labia – Also known as “love wings”! These two folds of skin, go from the clitoral hood to below the vaginal opening. Again, the inner labia can range in color from pink, brown or black, which is all contingent on a woman’s ethnicity. Usually very sensitive, and prone to swelling when sexually excited, some women reach a point where their inner labia will stick out past the outer labia, revealing how beautifully wrinkled or smooth her love wings are. As mentioned above, the inner labia extends down past the vaginal opening, so having your inner labia aroused all the way down past the vaginal opening thru oral stimulation or sexual penetration can be immensely pleasurable and, in some women, even orgasmic.
3) Clitoris – Enough can’t be said about this miraculous and delectable part of the female anatomy! So much so, I will later dedicate a mini chapter based solely on the clitoris! But for now ladies, here is a succinct yet teasing synopsis. Nestled beneath the point where the inner labia meet, forms a cushy, insanely sensitive hood over the clitoris. Glans, also known as the head of the clitoris, may appear to be the size of a tiny pea. Or, in some women, the clitoris can be as juicy and plump as finger tips. All perfectly normal and all sexually healthy. Variety, is truly the spice of life! The larger than life sexual sensations and breath taking pleasures derived from clitoral stimulation, whether it’s by way of masturbation (self-pleasuring), or from the tongue teasing/oral exhilaration a.k.a cunnilingus. Direct contact to the clit feels so good it’s almost in-explainable or indirect contact by teasing around the clitoris when a woman may be too sensitive, can bring about the desired thrill seeking results. Many women experience their clitoris growing stiff and swollen when flames of passion burn hot and her journey to reaching orgasmic gratification is just a burst away.
4) The hood – Ever hear the terminology: Pop that hood? If not, then let me explain. But first, or shall I say again, the hood is a spongy protective covering of the clitoris. With infinite gorgeous variations of shape, size, and color in each and every woman, some hoods, are sizably huge and physically resemble a small penis! Wow! Once you delicately pull back the soft and fleshy hood tho’, (popping the hood…get it? LOL) visually revealed is the wee little clitoris! For women with less spongy hoods, the clit still proudly sits beneath the point where the inner labia meet, within easy reach for elation and excitation.
5) Urethra opening – One of the most elusive parts of the female genitalia is the urethra. It’s wrongly believed that it is only responsible to be a canal for releasing urine flow from a woman’s body. But… oh au contraire mon frere!!! This buried treasure, that has alluded many, is a sweet spot quite sensitive to touch. Once teased, can lead some women to coming. But hold up… wait a minute, I’ve got a very special insight for you… ready? Nestled right beneath the urethra, are two even tinier glands known as Skenes. These skenes aren’t connected to the bladder like the urethra. Rather, a woman’s skenes are connected to the female prostate as well as the “g” spot orgasm. The fluid emitted from the skenes during orgasm is a clear or sometimes milky translucent fluid. Sometimes sweet or salty in taste, depending on a woman’s diet, chemistry, hormonal levels, and time of month. Female ejaculate during a “G” spot orgasm usually, either seeps out or squirts out with a mild or powerful force. Be it that the orgasm is incited via clitoral stimulation, “G” spot stimulation, or penis… here is where the erroneous myth of female ejaculate and urine are “one in the same” comes crashing back down from the land of crazy… as it should… into the light of reality! Two different fluids, two different bodily reactions. The urethra releases human waste known as urine, while the Skene glands release ejaculation during orgasmic bliss! Let me drop another jewel of wisdom for you. Female ejaculation, is very similar to male ejaculation, minus the semen (for reproductive purposes). It’s been called many names, but respectfully known by the ancients as “nectar of life” or “fountain of youth”. For the sake of common sense, when it’s all said and done… it is good ole’ juicy CUM! It is as amazingly simple as that people! PERIOD!
6) Vaginal opening – The omnipotent sacred vagina! The direct link/passage way, connecting a woman’s vulva with the inner cervix and uterus. Truly to be seen as a divine space of the feminine, the vagina is the passage and birth canal for birthing ALL human life onto this Earthly plane! The vagina is also the unlimited pleasure haven, complete with exotic wetness and the breath taking “G” spot, it is home sweet home for the insertion and erotic sexual thrusts of a man’s penis. And magically, the vagina is the releasing center of a woman’s menstrual flow, which in and of its self, “when a woman is healthy that is” …is a perfectly organic cleaning mechanism to shed and release un-impregnated eggs and bodily toxins via blood, on a month to month basis. Starting from the onset menstrual flow of a girl who’s reached puberty, to the last menstrual flow drops of the mature woman, who is entering into the enlightening right of passage known as menopause. Never mistaken a woman’s divinity! Our bodily vessels deserve the ultimate respect and admiration, from ourselves first and then from the mates we choose as our lovers! Now… on a lighter note… well okay… maybe not! It has been written throughout time, that most wars are fought over religion, money, and VAGINA! HA! But who needs war… when we can be “Making Sweet Love” right?
7) The Anus – This part of a woman’s anatomy is beautiful and sensitive in its own right. The outer rim of the anus is very tender and rich in nerve endings. Right beyond the outer rim of the anus is the sphincter muscle, which un-like the muscles within the vaginal canal that have the dual capabilities of expanding and contracting, the sphincter muscle is designed by nature to contract. Anal play should be done in moderation, for the sphincter muscles tends to stretch and weaken. The anus is an organ of excretion, and the rectal passage way “always” has traces of bacterial waste/feces. Often women are in danger of infection when the bacteria known as ecoli that is found in the anus gets transferred inside of the vaginal canal via fingers, penis, and sex toys. The small hole at the tip of your man’s penis is known as the meatus. During penetration whether vaginal or anal, all of your bodily fluids enter into the man’s meatus, blood stream, and semen. Affection and re-affection occurs when your mate’s penal canal contains your bacterial waste/ecoli and ejaculates within your vaginal canal during sexual intercourse. The most common infection is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) which can cause severe abdominal pain, an itchy smelly discharge, a burning sensation while urinating e.t.c. Anal love-play does provide many women with sexual delight. It is therefore of the utmost importance that cleanliness is top priority to keep womb health in tip top shape. Excessive amounts of anal penetration will eventually induce medical complications like: digestive problems, irregularity of bowel movement, and eventually cancer of the rectum. Similar to the prostate gland found in men, women have a smaller but similar gland known as the cervix which gets stimulated from the push and pull of the penis during penetration. A very thin membrane separates the cervix from the anal passage-way, which causes arousal for some women during anal penetration. For women who indulge in this sexual experience, please approach it with a conscious awareness, use generous amounts of natural lubrication like extra virgin coconut oil, and a complete avoidance of allowing ecoli and feces from entering into your womb.
The Veggie Connection is a network event where attendees are exposed to a host of vegetarian and vegan vendors, speakers, entertainment, and more. The Veggie Connection aims to not only create awareness regarding the plant based lifestyle, but to ensure that it is accessible, enjoyable and sustainable for all who are on this journey towards wellness and abundance.
Founder Lateefah Smith is a mother, entrepreneur, and change agent with the insight, vision, and enthusiasm necessary to inspire, and garner impressive results. With over 20 years of experience in retail/ merchandising, human resource, management, and promotions she has significant expertise in event coordination and planning, maximizing sales, and visual and verbal presentations.
Lateefah is a high energy individual who committed herself to a 21 day herb-based detox in 2008 to adapt a plant-based eating lifestyle. As a person dedicated to the plant-based eating lifestyle, she created The Veggie Connection. Between caring for her two young children, Lateefah manages to run her business “The Veggie Connection” very successfully. It’s a juggle, but thankfully she has a good support team in place. When she is not working or child-caring, you can find her meditating, developing herbal extracts, and writing.
For more information on The Veggie Connection, click here.
Finally an app that lists all Doulas, Midwives, OB-GYNs and more of Color: the IbiOp app. Yasmintheresa Garcia is 24 year old Afro-Dominican from East New York, Brooklyn. This Midwife in training, Doula, and Childbirth educator is recently the creator and developer of the IbiOp App.
Yasmintheresa recalls practicing being a Doula when she was 12 years old, before she even know it was a career. She began to focus on her career as a Doula to gain experience to become a midwife 3 years ago after watching the “Business of being born” documentary.
What made her interested in this field of expertise was the want to make women feel empowered by supporting them during the moment when they become super humans but may also feel the most vulnerable.
During her extensive research to find a Midwife to be her preceptor as Midwife in training, she realized the lack of accessibility there is to different medical providers. Many Midwives who have their own private practice don’t have time to update their facebook page or twitter let alone have a website. Roughly only 27 states allow Certified Professional Midwives to have their own practice outside of hospital institutions, therefore she made it her mission after training with the Farm Midwives of Summertown, TN to create a directory where not only clients can find these birth workers who specialize in natural birth, but students interested in the field also.
Since her freshmen year in college, Yasmintheresa knew that as a millennial she would have to create something in the tech world or else regret not using her knowledge of advance technology that she acquired while growing up. She came up with the idea in January of 2016 when she created a virtual vision board for the spring season and added a photo of the app store logo to remind herself everyday to research and create an app to serve the industry she works in. After intensive research and creative surges she drew up her app, gathered data, and began to work on hers. Yasmintheresa wants people to know that not all millennials are lazy. That even though she has had many doors closed in her face, she still manages to create what she wished existed, including her own opportunities.
IbiOp was created to allow women all over the world access to health care focusing on gynecology. With the IbiOp app, women can now access a directory of medical providers or labor and birth support persons anywhere in the world. This app will allow women who travel the touch of a button access to options available in their community for gynecology services or antenatal, prenatal, and postnatal support.
Women who are expecting or just concerned with their health will now have an app where they can find anything from a Midwife who does regular check ups and all well women care, to OB-GYNs who focus on high risk patients, or expecting mothers who are simply looking for labor and birth support from Doulas. The app also includes events happening worldwide that focus on women’s health, expectant mothers, and family planning.
Their goal with IbiOp is to have as many options for women to choose from when selecting a labor support person or medical provider. IbiOp will benefit every woman who has access to apps worldwide. Now an 18 year old in college who just had her first experience with a guy and wants to get checked but is to shy to walk into a clinic can find someone on the app that looks like her and who she feels comfortable with. They have even considered the woman who is pregnant and travelling who needs to see a midwife for a sudden check up in a foreign country.
Yasmintheresa is an ambitious young woman thriving in an industry that was once known for having mainly elder midwives as birth attendants and gate keepers of life and death. Today the maternity industry has women of all ages catering to mothers across the board while jumping through loopholes and creating new rights for women to be able to birth freely. She works tirelessly to fund her own Midwifery education and career and hopes that others see the necessity in support for women of color.
Get Involved! Get your tickets!