Taji Mag is the epitome of the positive Black experience. Our brand embodies the traditional and modern royalty of Pan-African people via our quarterly digital and print publication and live events.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Taji Mag! While reclaiming OUR narratives and imagery, Taji’s mission is to offer our readers quality advice to assist them economically, healthy options to maintain a happy lifestyle, think pieces to test the societal norms that are not meant for us, #BlackLoveConvo to increase the self and communal love in all aspects, and beauty and fashion inspiration to sustain the legacy of our Black artistry. All content needs to fit this criteria. All contributions must highlight a positive entity of Black culture. We are spoon fed enough of what’s wrong, Taji focuses on what’s right! <3
Taji Mag reserves the right to accept or deny any submissions. Taji does not provide free print copies to contributors since we are currently a print-by-purchase publication. We also do not pay for submissions, any and all photo shoot expenses for a submission to our magazine must be covered by the team executing the concept.
We accept submissions for both our publication (available in print and digital) as well as our web content. Please specify to which you’re submitting; if you do not, we will assume it’s for the website. For guaranteed paid submissions or advertising, please send an email to [email protected] with “Advertising” as the subject and visit www.TajiMag.com/advertise to submit payment!
- Vol 16’s theme is “Melanin on Chrome”: Deadline Jul 15th. (Polished Metallic Grays, Black & White around Brown Skin)
- Vol 17’s theme is “Prints Galore”: Deadline Oct 15th. (Bold, Vibrant Prints/Patterns)
Taji is the epitome of Black beauty and culture. We love beautiful, high quality, polished images. When submitting, please include the following information:
*Title [if you have one]
*Photographer’s Name [All photography submissions must be submitted with the photographer’s approval]
*List the creative team [All team members must be Black (African, African-American, Caribbean, Afro-Latino, and all other encompassing classifications). Model, Make-up, Hair, Wardrobe, Stylist, Assistant, Retoucher, etc. per photo as these credits must be included in the magazine. The photographer is responsible for having photo waivers and permission to utilize images as they please. ]
*Brief 1-3 line description of the shoot concept
*Low, web resolution [72 dpi] versions of the images [If your submission is accepted, high-resolution images will be requested for the printed publication]
*Social links [In case we need to tag you while sharing online]
*Each image within a submission should be its own image. Please do not submit 2-page spreads.
Please send all photography contributions to [email protected] with “Photography Submission” as the subject and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
Taji adores go-getters, guest writers, and bloggers for both our magazine and web content.
*Please include information/samples of your business/product, writing/artwork, and website or blog when inquiring about contributing.
Please send all story contributions, 300-550 words, to [email protected] with “Story Submission – [Title of Your Story]” as the subject, and specify whether you’re submitting for the publication or web content.
Taji is currently a quarterly publication released on the 7th of every 3rd month – Mar 7th, June 7th, Sept 7th, Dec 7th.
* All deadlines are 7 weeks(ish) before the issue release date on the 15th of that month (Jan 15th, April 15th, July 15th, Oct 15th) and all accepted pieces are due no less than 3 days later on the 18th.
* If a submission is accepted and the final pieces are not received before the 18th deadline, that submission may not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
* Only accepted submissions will definitely receive a response email. Rejected submissions may or may not be replied to. Accepted submissions will be replied to within 2 weeks. Please do not be offended if your submission does not receive a response, it’s very time consuming to reply to every email. If your submission is not accepted into an issue, feel free to try to submit a different concept for the next issue!